Instagram of the week: Enjoying a clear night at Somerset House watching a classic.
1. Film 4's Summer Screening at Somerset House! It's been on my bucket list for a few years and this summer J and I finally got around to booking our tickets to see E.T. in the courtyard of Somerset House. We were all given kinda creepy (read: TOTALLY TERRIFYING) E.T. masks upon arrival and then 2,000 of us posed for a phone home picture - as seen on the Somerset House instagram - slightly unsettling right? I think the sight would've made my sister cry, who wasn't E.T.'s biggest fan as a child. But an incredible night in a gorgeous setting!
2. Can you believe that J had never seen The King's Speech? (I'm not sure if this deserved my aghast reaction, but I was pretty sure it was a great, not-to-be-missed film). Anyway, we watched it last weekend and I was reminded how wonderful Geoffrey rush and Colin Firth's performance is in the film.
3. Do you follow Bev on instagram? What a witty, witty lady. And the most adorable little bebes!
4. Because I'm an old person I went to bed at 9pm on Thursday night. I took a cup of camomile tea and my blog reading list and I can inform you IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. Early nights and Werther's Originals for the win.
5. I've downloaded two new books to my kindle for holiday reading. We have a couple of flights and train journeys on our Spanish adventure so I'm excited to get stuck into my books. Along with enjoying my holiday too, of course...
6. How wonderful is the new series of The Great British Bake Off?! I'm loving it so far (as I do every year). I was so impressed with the show stopper biscuit challenge. Such skill!
7. I feel pretty proud to have stuck out an intensive insanity work out regime for a month straight. After J and I get back from our Spanish adventure I'll definitely get back to working with Shaun T. Dig deeper!
8. Following that - J introduced me to Krispy Kreme doughnuts today. Balance, you know. It was goood, oh my god it was good. Can I get a hallelujah for peanut butter cream? HALLELUJAH!
9. Sweet potato falafel! Oh my this is good. Recipe coming your way very soon. It's a game changer.
10. Please can I have an Australian Shepherd puppy now?
Have a happy weekend, friends! x